Sunday, July 17, 2005

Video Taped Lesson

Last week, I had one of my Spanish lessons video taped. It was interesting to see myself as a teacher, especially since this was the second time I have been video taped while teaching (the first time was last month).
I feel that I have developed as a teacher, and I was able to see this on the video tape. Although I am teaching a different subject this month (Spanish instead of English), I was able to compare and contrast several aspects of my teaching.
First, I seemed to be more relaxed this time around. As I taught the lesson, I was able to easily involve the students. Because I am teaching a foreign language, I get many opportunities to teach in nontraditional ways (games, physical movement,etc.) In watching the video tape, I could tell that I am a teacher who enjoys what he is teaching.
Meanwhile, there were several aspects that I need to work on. I still haven't yet achieved my goal of being a more aggressive teacher. I want to have the "teacher face", but I always seem to smile at my students. This could be a problem in the fall. I hope to give off more of a "strict teacher" look when I get to Hollandale.
As a whole, I was proud of myself on the video tape. I have learned to be more relaxed in the classroom, and this will help me to focus more on my style and the students' reaction to it. I see several things to work on, but I also understand that as long as I am constantly perfecting myself as a teacher, there will always be imperfections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home