Sunday, July 24, 2005

MTC summer 1 almost over

My first summer in MTC is almost over. I've had the chance to meet a lot of great people and learn a lot of things. This is a summer I will never forget, because it is the summer that I officially became a teacher (assuming I passed all of my classes). Also, I learned to "blog it out" this summer. While I haven't yet blogged about some of the most important stuff (e.g., Reggie Barnes, thoughts on attire, etc.) I plan to blog about all of these important things in the future. It gives me a sort of outlet--kind of like a journal, except the public gets to read it.
Overall, the classes were great. They required a lot of lesson planning (definitely not my favorite part of being a teacher), but I've just about made it through all of the assignments. I didn't like the structure of the first class we took (only one assignment=whole grade for a 3 hr. course), but I've enjoyed the other two. I look forward to finding out what the other classes will be like.
As far as the people I've met, all of them are interesting. Some are passionate and idealistic, others are more focused on the everyday tasks of teaching, and there are a few weird people (Sorry if you're reading this and I'm talking about you). I like everybody and I think I have something to learn from everyone. The next two years will be difficult, but I look forward to being able to discuss all of our ups and downs together. Well, right now I want to read some other blogs, so I'll be blogging again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home